It's come to light that Cemex aggressively union-busted truck drivers in 2018 and 2019. In fact, Cemex narrowly defeated the union drive in of March 2019 election after spending $1 million and breaking LOTS of laws.
Steven Greenhouse summarizes:
Here's some serious union busting:— Steven Greenhouse (@greenhousenyt) January 25, 2022
1) Cemex, a cement company, spent $1.1 million on anti-union consultants
2) NLRB judge found Cemex guilty of "extrordinary violations"
3) Consultant illegally said Cemex might close cement plant if workers unionized https://t.co/q4KhRsatuB
4) Cemex illegally fired outspoken pro-union cement truck driver, Diana Ornelas— Steven Greenhouse (@greenhousenyt) January 25, 2022
5) Cemex illegally told workers not to speak to union organizers
6) Cemex invited drivers to go work elsewhere if they wanted a union
7) Cemex asked why workers weren’t wearing “vote no” paraphernalia